Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sending Sunshine


SmugMug Daily Link

The rain moved out and the skies finally cleared after Tropical Storm Beryl moved out to sea.  My rain guage said 1.25 inches.

These lovely flowers, gloriosa daisy I believe, are growing in my front perennial garden.  They have come back fuller than ever.  I am pleased!  They remind me of sunshine and seem full of cheer.

Also blooming in my yard are hydrangea (lower right), oak leaf hydrangea (lower left), and gardenia (can you smell it?).


SmugMug Link

I continue to try try to cook whole and healthy meals and to document them with pictures.  Below is green beans, onions, chicken breast, and a romaine lettuce salad with fresh guacamole sour cream dressing.  The dressing was a smidge thick but tasted yummy.


SmugMug Link

My girlfriend, Patricia, pointed me to the blog 100 Days of Real Food.  The writer, Lisa Leake, recently documented everything that her family ate for a week with a picture.  She broke it up into breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner.  Very interesting stuff at least to me.  She is allowing and serving way more carbs than I am but I still enjoyed reading her posts.

No comments: