Sunday, December 18, 2011

Angels Watch Over Us


SmugMug Daily Link

The kids and I went to Lights on the Neuse last night.  The best way to describe this experience is that you go on a 30 minute hay ride covering over 40 acres of farmland with thousands of lights.  It's cold, but it's so beautiful that it's worth it.  After the ride, you can walk through a 3D barn that has all sorts of Christmas-themed artwork on the walls.  You wear glasses, and there are special lights on the artwork paint, and the figures seem to come alive.

It is hard to take pics of the lights on the hayride.  The tractor only stops in a few places, so even shooting at a very fast speed to avoid blur doesn't always work.  I did the best I could.  I really needed a tripod in the 3D barn.  I found a few places where I could rest the camera on something to keep it reasonably still.

My daily is one of the shots from inside the 3D barn.  I used Color Efex Pro to alter the colors.  Here are a few more shots from the 3D barn all of which had about the same color theme of blue and pink.


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

Here's a favorite shot I took of the boys while we waited in line.  Johnny has on the hat that Tina Marie made.  We love how it's a scarf too!  And green Johnny's favorite color.  It was 32 degrees at ride time, and we were outside for about 3 hours total, so we have on the warmest winter gear that us central NC folks have:-)



SmugMug Link

Here's a quick collage of my favorite lights on the hay ride:


SmugMug Link

Last year I said that we needed to come to the farm in October because they have harvest themed fun going on then too.  This year I am going to say the same thing:-)  Someone remind me;-)

Also, the boys and I browsed the Hallmark store yesterday:


SmugMug Link

Somehow we managed to walk away without the lifesize elf...it wasn't easy.  It was a Gund.

And we also went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks in Chipwrecked:


SmugMug Link

A pretty shot from David Anthony's in Fuquay:


SmugMug Link

1 comment:

Susan W said...

I really like the shots from the 3D barn. I see you're now using Color Efex. It's got to be my favorite software.