Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree


SmugMug Daily Link

I came home from the school run yesterday afternoon to find my power off.  First hint...none of the Christmas inflatables in the yard were up.  Oops!  It was the transformer serving my house and 5 others and not a major outage.  Still, Progress Energy was out pretty quick and 3 hours later they had fixed whatever was wrong.  I heard 'damage to our equipment'.  Donnie to the rescue offering us dinner at his place.  The boys and I really enjoyed that.

The boys and I looked at Christmas lights on the way home.  I tried to retake a shot of a red and green spiral tree that I shot the other night trying to get it 'just right'.  I got a few intentionally blurry shots that were about what I wanted and one in focus shot and set about trying to decide just what to do with them that would make for a daily.  I'm not real happy with what I posted.  We can consider it a desperation shot since I don't have anything better to share, OK?

Here's the tree in focus:


SmugMug Daily Link

A train nearby:


SmugMug Link

Madi and the hat made by Tina Marie.  It's such fun!


SmugMug Link

Tonight we get to go on the Santa Train at the Museum of Life and Science in Durham.  It is the boys' last day of school until the 4th week in January, and it's my last day of work for the year.  We ought to all be very excited at school pick-up time today!

Details:
I used a solid green layer and then added a texture from OnOne's PhotoFrame.  It's easy to create a text layer and then use it as Overlay or Screen or Normal with reduced opacity.  The tree layer has a simple line frame from PSE on it which I also added a Drop Shadow too.

No comments: