Saturday, December 24, 2011

Peace, Faith, Love, Hope


SmugMug Daily Link

Yesterday was one of those days you want to do over and over again because it was filled with so many wonderful things...  As a result, it was definitely feast and not famine with possible pics for my daily today too.

I had a short doctor's appointment, and afterward Donnie went with me and the boys to Chick-fil-A and then to West Point Mill on the Eno.  The boys wrestled with Donnie in the play area at CFA.  In the park, we walked around the mill and over the pedestrian bridge and down by the damn.  It was gorgeous!  I have lots of collages to show you our day...

My crazy boys would rather wrestle Donnie than climb the playground structure!


SmugMug Link

We didn't get a lot of rain at my house Thursday night, but 30 miles north and west in Durham, they apparently had a flood!  The Eno River was very high.  Under the sidewalk in the pics below, there was a whirlpool created by water rushing through the large pipes.  The kids (all ages) had fun sending leaves and sticks through to the other side.  There's a SP of me in the whirlpool pic.



SmugMug Link

A series of shots showing nature's beauty in the park follow:


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link



SmugMug Link

Me trying to be Stevie Nicks:-)


SmugMug Link

Me:


SmugMug Link

My handsome guys!


SmugMug Link

Later in the day Madi was over for our yearly present exchange.  I think it's fair to say that the kids were pleased with what they got.  Joey got Mario Kart 7 for his 3DS and Madi got a Whappy Dog and game for her DS and Johnny got several Cars items.


SmugMug Link

And finally, we all went to the Lake Myra Christmas holiday light show near Wendell.  This is our second year going, and it's a joy to see this huge light display flashing to the music!  I have one shot that I'm sharing as my daily today, and then I think another to share as my daily tomorrow.  There was talk at the show of moving the display to downtown Wendell next year.  Cool!

I hope your holiday joy is in full swing today with family coming, good food to share, and warm hearts.

No comments: