Monday, December 19, 2011

Chili with a Smile!


SmugMug Daily Link

I didn't take any pics really worthy of sharing with you guys today, but I did take some fun shots and videos.

The daily is Joey (and Johnny) making chili (con carne) for the first time.  I find that the kids eat new dishes better when they help prepare them, and regardless, they have a lot of fun doing it.  The recipe came out of my Hunt's cookbook which I don't readily see online to refer you to.  Sorry.  I use sausage instead of hamburger and less chili powder and a bit of pickled jalapeno peppers chopped instead.

The sunglasses you ask?  Well, to protect the eyes from onions of course!

Besides the chili, we had the nicest fire in our fireplace and a Sonic Christmas kid show from Redbox.

We were at a park earlier in the day, and Johnny looked so cute in the sandbox one minute and running to Joey to play tag the next.


SmugMug Daily Link

Notice the stop sign behind Johnny's head lower right.  I thought that was funny with him running and the sign saying otherwise.

This video is pretty cute too:



Video

Of course if us adults spun ourselves like that we'd be sick!

I have a new bird feeder attached to my kitchen window.  I don't think it's going to yield great pics, but it is fun to watch the birds so close!



SmugMug Link

The boys have parties at school today.  Wish I could go...  2 days and counting until our year end holiday starts, though!

No comments: