Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Colors of Lake Wheeler



SmugMug Daily Link

I know, I know, I'm supposed to be resting.  Honest, I am mostly resting.  I surely am not picking up anything I'm not supposed to.  I can walk just fine, though, and I am so thankful to Donnie for being willing to take me to Lake Wheeler yesterday to walk around Simpkins Pond.  I would be so depressed inside missing the fall colors.  Instead, my eyes and camera are being treated to gorgeous autumn colors.  I'm very lucky to have such a great photo assistant and so much more:-)

The trail around Simpkins Pond has several benches and  bridges, and we were reading the signs about Eagle Scouts building them.  Here Donnie poses for me.



SmugMug Link

I wasn't totally thrilled with how this PSE built collage turned out, but I thought I'd share anyway.  It's a nice at a glance snapshot of the Colors of Lake Wheeler.  The bottom picture is a 5 shot pano I stitched with Micrsoft ICE.  It's a great tool if you've not used it.  Creating panos is really pretty simple.


SmugMug Link

I really like this abstract waterscape below.  The colors and patterns appeal to me.


SmugMug Link

I think this is a sourwood with both yellow and red leaves.  My second favorite single leaf shot of the day.


SmugMug Link

Even the Tulip Populars are sharing their glory right now.

SmugMug Link

And, last but not least, this Muscovy Duck sure did have some pretty blue feathers.


SmugMug Link

Not sure where we're off to today but hopefully someplace where it's pretty and ripe for taking more pictures.  Joey and Johnny come back home today, and I can't wait to see them.  Thank goodness for Skype and video calls.

No comments: