Monday, November 14, 2011

Autumn at Harris Lake


SmugMug Daily Link

Donnie and I went to Harris Lake County Park near the Shearon Harris Nuclear Power Plant yesterday.  It was a cloudier, cooler, and windier day, but we had a nice picnic lunch underneath the beautiful yellow-leafed maple tree below.  We tried to walk just a bit out on the Peninsula Trail, but I was too cold with the wind, so we walked around the parking lot area and took the pics below.


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

After we left the park, we drove down to one of the boat launch areas where I took this picture of the Shearon Harris cooling tower.  For some reason, I am always amazed.



SmugMug Link

Note:  I know some of you missed my original post where I told you about my illness and my surgery.  I was diagnosed with breast cancer back in October.  What a shock!  It looks like it was detected pretty early, and that the cancer is limited to just my left breast.  I had surgery last week.  The good news on the pathology post surgery is that the cancer was not in my lymph nodes.  I'm recuperating nicely at home with the help of friends.  I'm in more pain than I'd like, but I get decent relief from the meds they prescribed.  I'm taking pics and going for walks as I'm able.  I'm a difficult patient to keep still.

No comments: