Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Butterflies Keep Coming and I Keep Shooting


SmugMug Daily Link

I guess as long as the butterflies come I am compelled to take pics of them:-)  Another shot from Donnie's yard.  I told him to make sure he tells his sister Gale how much joy the bushes she planted last year I brought me.  I decided the background in the original shot (see below) was too busy.  I used PSE7 to quick select the butterfly and flower and put it in an new layer.  I then did a gaussian blur to the original.  As youcan see I retained all the color of the original background while getting rid of the textured distractoins.  I also added a 50% opacity drop shadow to the butterfly and flower layer.  I think that helps to hide a multitude of sins on the quick selection.  No color alterations.  Cropped to maxiumum size 8X10 from the original.


SmugMug Link

Another shot I liked.  I removed just a little clutter from the bottom of the shot with the clone tool.


SmugMug Link

I really liked this one too...


SmugMug Link

The writing spider is still in the same spot and very busy.


SmugMug Link

Kitty goes to the vet today.  The kids sure are enjoying her.  This is how far Joey is in the 4th Harry Potter book.


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

It's raining and cloudy today.  I keep thinking that I want to add texture to one of my butterflyshots.  Maybe I'll experiment with that today.  We'll see.

I like vivid color like this too.


SmugMug Link

I ordered 10 various 11X14 butterfly prints from my site and am planning on using the wall high above the stairwell up to the bonus room to hang them.  It will take me a while to buy enough frames and matts and then for Donnie ot use the ladder to hang them, but I'll eventually show you a pic.

No comments: