Saturday, August 11, 2012

Beauty and the Beast


SmugMug Daily Link

I guess it was bound to happen.  With a writing spider web mixed in with the butterfly bushes at Donnie's house and the butterflies fluttering about, one of them got caught up in his web yesterday.  I wish he'd caught some other insect.  Earlier in the week he had a beetle of some sort.  But, he's got to eat too.  But, hey, Mr. Spider no more swallowtails!

I know it's not a pretty picture, but for you nature enthusiasts, I hope you find this shot interesting.  I did my best to get good dof and to get it sharp.  I took about 15 shots between my two cameras and studied them for clarity.  I cropped this just a tad and also brightened it a bit.  Auto Contrast and Lucky fix were yucky, so I manually adjusted it.  I like the little spider next to the big one too.  In a later frame he has moved down closer to the butterfly, so I don't think he was stuck.

No comments: