Saturday, June 16, 2012

Summer Scene


SmugMug Daily Link

I stopped by Wilkerson Farms yesterday to buy some more grass fed beef.  One of the owners, Carrie, has a lovely stand of summertime flowers in front of her home, and after loving on Lexie the dog, I took some pictures of the flowers.  The one I posted for my daily was my favorite.  I think that's an American Lady (or Painted Lady) butterfly which are quite common around here right now.  A group of them were all over the coneflower enjoying themselves.

I isolated out the coneflower and butterfly wing after adding some sharpness to then add the green vignette which warmed up the colors.  I didn't want a green coneflower or wing but liked the vignette around the rest of the shot.

Here's the original for comparison.  I like the colors in my pp better but I added a bit of grain which I wish I hadn't.


SmugMug Link

Happy Father's Day weekend to all the dads out there.  I had the privilege of taking a few shots for Madi's dad, Danny, yesterday.  By the time we decided to take them, I had to use my flash, so maybe I can get a few more in this location over the weekend although it would be hard to top these poses and faces.


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

Danny certainly is blessed starting a new job and having such a lovely wife and daughter at home as well as his two handsome older sons Tyler and Daniel.

Look at the anole lizard in the hydrangea flower!


SmugMug Link

My daily obligatory food shot as I continue to try new dishes and monitor what we eat.  This was the first time I bought fresh carrots (from Ball's Berries and Produce stand).  I had a really nice chat with the owner, Roger Ball, and he suggested I try the carrots and beets.  Good idea!  They say you should know your farmer, and I am enjoying my conversations with the older gentleman each time I stop in for free range eggs or produce.  Although not organic, I think he's got the right idea about minimally using chemicals only when absolutely necessary.  I'm working my way up to asking him for a picture of him and/or his barns behind the produce stand:-)


SmugMug Link

No comments: