Saturday, May 19, 2012

Gold Beauty


SmugMug Daily Link

I just don't have any great shots from yesterday, so I'll pick the one that was most exciting to me and share a few of the others that have a good story or I thought were interesting.

I get an incredible amount of joy out of the birds in my yard. With Donnie's help, I have these great feeders just outside the kitchen window. Yesterday a mourning dove showed up. I've seen doves before, but not lately, so I was thrilled to see him/her. I thought it was pretty neat how the tiny goldfinch and the large dove were willing to share the sunflower hearts. The dove being so huge and the goldfinch so tiny.




SmugMug Link


Speaking of goldfinch, boy there are still a bunch coming to my feeders. Usually by this time in the year they trickle off. Maybe they will stay this year? Notice the 3 tails in this shot!


SmugMug Link



On another note, we had a snake sighting on the front porch yesterday.  Thanks to Joey for retrieving my camera while I stood watch so I didn't miss the shot!  It's a small king snake.  Woo hoo!  I like these guys.  I couldn't help it, I had to touch him, but I stopped short of picking him up.  The wood is a leftover from winter.  I had hopes of building one more fire, but it warmed up so quickly that never happened.  Maybe the snake will continue to hang out there!  I'm very cool with him as long as he's not in my house and not messing with my birds.  There are plenty of mice around here for him to go after...please!


SmugMug Link


Waiting for the bluebird eggs in the box in my front yard to hatch!  No signs of renewed activity in Donnie's box after the first brood.  We are still hopeful for more eggs in that box this year too!


SmugMug Link


And, since it's been a few days since I posted a food shot:-)  Leftover London Broil in teriyaki sauce, fressh colby jack shredded cheese, and asparagus sauteed in coconut oil.


SmugMug Link 

No comments: