Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Stamp Mill


SmugMug Daily Link

For my daily post today, I am sharing a picture of the Stamp Mill at Reed Gold Mine.  I looked for a video of it in operation on YouTube but didn't see one.  It is in working order, and they do run it sometimes for school field trips, etc.

I really liked how this shot showed the leaves opening on the trees in the forest and how the path leads to the Stamp Mill.  I ran 3 bracketed images through Photomatix but still wasn't 100% pleased with the result.  I then ran the HDR'ed shot through Color Efex Pro and added a detail enhancing and color stylizing filter on it.    I then also ran an Orton action on it but have decided not to post that version.

Yesterday the kids and I ended up at the Fuquay-Varina Easter Egg Hunt.  Unfortunately, it was raining, so they just gave out buckets of eggs in the South Park Community Center Gym.  It rained last year too.  I hope next year the kids can really hunt for the eggs.  I do appreciate that the town puts this event on and regardless of the weather.  Hundreds of families turned out and enjoyed themselves.




SmugMug Link

The Easter Bunny was posing for pictures:-)  I just had to strip the kids and bunny out of the original shot because the background was an off white cement block wall in the gym and was ugly.  A gentle suggestion to the town would be to invest in a piece of cheap fabric as a backdrop for next year:-)



SmugMug Link

Over at Wal-Mart, we saw the Easter Bunny too.  Love it!


SmugMug Link


We caught up with Madi later in the day for dinner on our back deck and a trip to Porter Farms and Nursery for opening weekend.  Yes, there are strawberries already!!!  Not pick your own yet, but you can buy a bucket if they haven't sold out for the day yet.  You can see the kids posing with some of the girls that work there.  What fun!



SmugMug Link

And, even the local Garner VFD has to get their ice cream somewhere.  Imagine being a kid at the local ice cream store and the fire truck pulling up!  The guys let Johnny and Madi who were very interested into the cab for a few minutes.  Thanks!


SmugMug Link

So, rain or not, we had a good day yesterday!

I mentioned in my last blog post that I had a shot of Donnie sharpening the blades on  my lawn mower.  Here's the best one.  Pretty cool but just not a daily shot I didn't think.  Johnny and I were behind a window inside the house watching.  Donnie of course had on all the proper safety equipment.


SmugMug Link

Not sure what we're off to do today.  It's cloudy again:-(  But at least it's dry.

No comments: