Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Flowers of Duke Gardens


SmugMug Daily Link

After a doctor's appointment yesterday which happened to be near Duke Gardens, Donnie offered to take me back over to Duke Gardens for Tulips Round #2.  Wow!  Really?!?  Way cool!

The sun was out, and I enjoyed working my way through all the flower beds again in search of fantastic light or a great angle and more bold color.  I liked what I came away with and thanked Donnie very much for giving me another chance to walk among the flowers.

The tulips really were not easy to photograph.  Some of the flowers were huge and the bulbs were planted kindof spaced out with ground cover under them.  I had trouble getting the angle and dof that I wanted.

See what this place looks like!


SmugMug Link

Of course there were some other shots that I took and liked too!


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link




SmugMug Link

And there were a few fun family shots in the gardens too.

My Donnie:-)


SmugMug Link

Me


SmugMug Link

The boys!


SmugMug Link

We came across this marker for the 36th parallel.  Very neat!  I had the hardest time flash or not no matter what mode getting the lettering to show up in the bright sun.  Donnie's shadow helped me get most of it.


SmugMug Link

No comments: