Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Beautiful Glow


SmugMug Daily Link

The boys and I took a drive after dinner last night.  Baseball practice for Johnny was cancelled due to rain, but we wanted to get out for a few minutes anyway.  I spotted these gorgeous irises growing along the sidewalk at The Garden Hut, and just had to stop and take some pics.  There was a pause in the rain when I started, but as I shot, the rain picked up, and there are a few shots where you can see a few raindrops.

I almost cannot believe that I am posting a B&W flower shot.  So not the typical me.  Yet I was inspired to try this shot in B&W and then totally grabbed by it once I did, so here you have it!

Here's the color version.




SmugMug Link

I didn't see the spiders when I was shooting:-)  There were several shots that had spiders in them.




SmugMug Link

The pp on the shot below uses the new Picasa Boost and HDR-ish actions. For some purposes I think this pp might be useful.


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

This is a B&W after boost and HDR-ish.  It's grainy but might work for some uses too.


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

My handsome boys after a haircut yesterday and while eating ice cream at Porters.


SmugMug Link

No comments: