Sunday, March 25, 2012

Another Day Another Butterfly


SmugMug Daily Link

My hunt for the perfect Yoshino Cherry and Swallowtail Butterfly picture continued yesterday, but success still eluded me.  We had clouds.  We had rain.  We had wind.  Still, late afternoon, on coming in from town, I had Donnie stop near my tree to look for butterflies.  We saw one, and he put a huge smile on my face when he said, "Pretty girl, you get out and take you some pictures and I'll put the groceries away."  What a guy!  Below is what I got better or worse.

This is a view of my tree starting at THE tree and looking down the road to the back of my neighborhood. You can see Donnie's silver XB and then a very large tree on the right leaning into the road which is about the other end of my yard.  So, the frontage runs Yoshino Cherry to that large tree.


SmugMug Link

Here's the best shot I got yesterday IMO.  I really had to work the colors in Color Efex Pro.


SmugMug Link

The shot posted as my daily is from Friday.  I missed it on my first pass through the images, and Donnie and I both agree it beats the shot above. The blue is better color contrast for the butterfly.

Plenty of bees on the Yoshino Cherry.  I've just not been too interested in them  You can hear 100s of them buzzing about.  If you don't like bees, it's a scary sound I guess, but I pay them no never mind.



SmugMug Link

At one time there were 3 Swallowtails up there.  But they flew around more than they landed.  I did get this nice shot but of course the sun disappeared a few minutes before.  The light is lower and colder than I'd like for a shot like this.


SmugMug Link

The Wisteria in yesterday's shot in Madi's yard is ending.  Look at these blooms around the cactus on the ground.  Still pretty!




SmugMug Link

I took Dogwood shots in Donnie's yard here and in my yard below.  They sure are pretty right now.



SmugMug Link





SmugMug Link

Oh and let me not forget to tempt you with Friday night's dinner:-)



SmugMug Link

No comments: