Saturday, March 24, 2012

In Search of a Butterfly


SmugMug Daily Link

Some years the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail Butterflies show up too late for me to capture any pictures of them on my Yoshino Cherry tree, but this year with the warm weather, the arrival of the butterflies and the blossoms is syncing up, and I'm very excited.  I spent quite a bit of time yesterday staring at this Yoshino Cherry tree at the end of my yard in search of  butterflies.  I don't know what year I planted this tree...sometime since I moved in in December of 1993...but it's HUGE at this point, and sometimes the butterflies are way up top and it takes a long time to even see them let alone try to capture pictures of them.  Still, I was quite motivated and kept trying!




SmugMug Link

I did manage to get a couple of shots that I liked, but not THE shot that I was hoping for.  I ended up liking the shot of the butterfly on the Wisteria in Madi's yard better, so that's what I posted as my daily.  Here are a few of the shots on the Yoshino Cherry.  I'll try again today! Nothing like the pressure of those pretty blooms only lasting a few days!



SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

Seriously, if I stand out there any longer tomorrow I'm going to be sun burnt:-)

The Kidd Family took in Salvo this week.  He's such a cutie!  He's around 8.


SmugMug Link

No comments: