Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Butterfly of a Different Color


SmugMug Daily Link

I know you might have thought I'd be done posting butterfly pics after yesterday, but I was back out standing under that Yoshino Cherry tree again looking for butterflies and snapping away.  It's kindof odd with that tree being so huge to sometimes be pointing straight up!  I was so delighted after getting a few more yellow Swallowtails to look up and notice a black one.  It's a rare glimpse any time of year to see the black ones in my yard instead of the yellow ones.  So, it was a thrill to spot one on the white blossoms, and I must have taken 150 pics of this guy.  He was much more cooperative than his brothers and sisters in that he stayed lower, closer, and rested longer.  Whew...

Here's the 2nd place pose of the day.


SmugMug Link

I like the light and bokeh on this one, but I think it lacks a bit of sharpness on the core body of the butterfly.


SmugMug Link

And here he is all opened out.


SmugMug Link

Here's a little humor...  I guess I could try to pp out that darn branch!  My initial reaction to seeing this nice wide open shot and then that branch sticking up into his space was not a good one:-)  It's like a lightning bolt or something!


SmugMug Link

I ended up with these pretty shots, but it's so hard to avoid shadows!


SmugMug Link

New pond pump running in my side yard pond!  The frogs and fish are much happier!


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

And so is Johnny because he loves visiting with his pond friends.

And the azaleas are looking good!


SmugMug Link

Those swallowtails will land on those flowers too, and with the Yoshino Cherry just about done, maybe this will be my target tomorrow.  Never know.

No comments: