Monday, February 6, 2012

Delicate Pink Waterdrops


SmugMug Daily Link

We had a very cloudy and rainy weekend.  Yesterday morning, I decided to take the tripod outside to take some pics.  I've posted a pink camellia for my daily.  My helleborus is blooming very nicely:


SmugMug Link

My helpers prepared lasagna for our Super Bowl meal.  There is sausage and hamburger in it browned with onions and mushrooms.  I used Hunts Tomato Sauce (2-15oz.) and Diced Tomatoes (1-15oz.) along with seasonings for the sauce (sugar, chicken broth, oregano, basil, garlic salt, Nature's Own Seasoning).  There's shredded cheese as well as ricotta cheese mixed with egg and parsley.  I steer away from Parmesan, but you could add that too.  Oh, and yes, the stealth health spinach leaves which the boys will actually eat.  They wilt nicely as the lasagna cooks.  I use the noodles you have to cook as much of an annoyance as that is.  It gives me a good excuse to use my pasta pot.  My only problem is that I can't seem to prepare a pan any smaller than 16X20.  Leftovers anyone?


SmugMug Link

I'm working on Valentine's Day cards for the boys to give out at school too.  This is one possible one that I made for Johnny:


SmugMug Link

The original was taken at Wal-Mart:




SmugMug Link

And the background is an out of focus shot near the Hellborus that I tinted pink.  I used a heart brush set too.  I'm not sure if this card will be the one or not.  I've got a few days before I have to print them.

At home last night we did a photo shoot with our Valentine's Day teddy bears which also yielded some possible card images:


SmugMug Link

Wal-Mart has some card templates that have rocket ships and robots on them.  I might just go with those and the pics above.  We'll see.

No comments: