Friday, January 6, 2012

What's Cookin'?!?


SmugMug Daily Link

One of the activities I really enjoy doing with the boys is cooking.  And, they are such enthusiastic helpers! The chef hats were a present from Santa, and the boys were eager to put them on while we made chicken enchiladas last night.  Bless little Johnny who always wants to cut the onion and always ends up crying.  The ingredients are chicken breast tenders broiled and cut into strips with canned mushrooms and microwave/butter steamed onions tossed in.  I used Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce and refried beans, lots of mozzarella cheese, and last night I even put some baby spinach leaves in them.  The wraps are flax seed wheat:-)  Yum!  We had this system where we denoted who wrapped which one using the number of toothpicks we inserted.  I was 1, Joey, 2, and Johnny 3.


SmugMug Link

Inspired by the Oragami Yoda and Darth Paper books, Joey designed a Yoda puppet:


SmugMug Link

I love it when the value of a book goes beyond the reading of the printed page.  He had this created before I even realized he had taken out the paper, scissors, and markers.  Thanks to Aunt Faith for sending the Darth Paper Strikes Back book for Christmas.

Working half days is going OK.  It's giving me a few extra minutes to get some sunshine and fresh air in the afternoon,  take a nap when I need it, time to cook a homemade and hopefully reasonably healthy meal, and time to sort through how the boys and I are feeling about all that's going on in our lives right now.

From our time at Falcon Park in yesterday afternoon, here is Johnny:


SmugMug Link

and Joey:


SmugMug Link

A gorgeous calm 55 degree January day:


SmugMug Link

A daily photo by Joey:


SmugMug Link

"Why do big kids do mean things?  Mom had to borrow a broom and work really hard to get the swing down for me."

No comments: