Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pink Beauty and the Bee


SmugMug Daily Link

I'm addicted to driving down Barber Bridge Road right now.  What can I say?!?  The chance of finding just the right light on just the right flower is just too compelling.  It's a peaceful, quiet few minutes of calm with my camera each morning that I love, and it's fun back at the computer later to see if I like anything I took.

I was so excited yesterday morning to be taking a picture of this pink morning glory right when a bee went by!  What luck!  Although there were several other pics that I took on that photo shoot that I like, I just couldn't go with anything else for my daily but the bee and the pink beauty.

Even though I much prefer the blues, purples, and pinks of the morning glories to the yellow flowers growing along the road right now, I stop to see if there are insects on them or if the light is better in those locations anyway.  I enjoyed the backlight on these yellow flowers yesterday morning and followed a bee on them for a few minutes catching him going flower to flower.   I liked this one right away in the view finder:


SmugMug Link

With the extra bright light and fast shutter speed I thought that might be the best inflight bee shot I might ever get!  Then later I got the pink flower/bee daily:-)

I thought this bee shot was kindof neat too:


SmugMug Link

Other worthwhile, to me, morning glory shots yesterday were:


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

Nothing like a little ragweed to add some golden beauty to a shot;-)


SmugMug Link

I am going to take a picture of that corn stalk and the morning glories on it every day until I get one where the flowers are spread out and facing just right; one I can share as a daily!

I commute today, so I probably won't get a chance to  take pictures of the morning glories...bummer.

No comments: