Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Beauty of a Rose



SmugMug Daily Link

My daily was taken here:


SmugMug Link

I don't know these neighbors very well, and am thankful I didn't get run off:-)  I don't think I look too threatening with my camera in my hand and a smile on my face...

Two other rose shots that I liked:


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

I had a really 'cool' spider experience yesterday too.  I hope papamugger will understand why I whimped out and put the spider shots just on my blog and not as my daily..

The rose shots were taken in the same neighbor's yard as the spider shots. As a matter of fact, I was taking the rose shots when I saw this large 'thing' moving in mid-air in my peripheral vision. That thing turned out to be the spider and dragonfly on the web. At first I thought the dragonfly was alive and struggling to free itself and I was trying to decide if it was the right thing to do to help or not (probably not and leave nature alone). But it was just the bounce of the spider itself moving over his prey.  The dragonfly was already a goner.

I hope you can appreciate the true nature of the following series of spider/dragonfly shots:


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

There are two more images from different angles that are a bit more graphic.  I didn't want to post them inline, but I'll provide you the links if you're interested.

SmugMug Link

SmugMug Link

We do have provisions in Wake County for disposing of old electronic equipment.  I can't understand the selfishness of a person that would dump these old monitors in the ditch...sad.



SmugMug Link

Joey goes a good job helping Johnny with his reading too:-)


SmugMug Link

No comments: