Monday, September 12, 2011

Photoshoot with a Swallowtail


SmugMug Daily Link

It got to be after 5PM yesterday, and I hadn't taken any shots all day.  I asked the boys if we could go for a quick ride down the dirt road and over to Porters for ice cream, and that wasn't a hard sell:-)  I did take a few interesting pics down the dirt road, but when I spied this Eastern Tiger Swallowtail on the butterfly bush at Porters, I knew I'd probably use a butterfly shot for my daily.  This lone Swallowtail provided me with 10 minutes of poses as I happily followed him around the bush.  I hope you enjoy the shot I chose for my daily as well as some of the other shots/poses.

Because of the very late day light, 6pm by the time I was at Porters, I adjusted the color on this shot as well as doing some cropping to 8X10.


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

No comments: