Sunday, March 10, 2013

Father and Son


SmugMug Daily Link

I noticed the little boy in this picture playing with his parent's iPhone. He eyes were so pretty and sparkly I turned my camera on and went to take his picture. But by then his father had picked him up. I zoomed in and took several shots of the little boy in his father's arms and then another including his father. I liked the little boy's eyes and the interaction with his father best in the last shot. I used some actions from Rita at The CoffeeShop Blog to enhance the original shot including the boy's eyes. They never knew I took the shots. Not my typical photography but every once in a while it's nice to try something different.

This shot taken with my iPhone was my favorite shot of the day, but I try not to over post family pics for my dailies.  I tried to retake a similar image with my real camera and it didn't turn out anywhere near as good as this iPhone version smilewise.



SmugMug Link

Joey and Johnny both had spring baseball evaluations yesterday.  I would call it a tryout but everyone gets on a team regardless of skill so this is mostly a way for the coaches to help balance the teams out with a variety of players and skill levels.  Joey got a hit over 3rd base into the outfield.  Best hit we've seen him make since he started playing.  Woo hoo!  I know coaches pick him for his size and slugger ability, so it would be a good thing if he would continue to make contact like that.  His mom was always a slugger;-)

I must say the evals took nearly 2 hours for both boys and it was hard waiting around most of the early morning and then early afternoon to get through them.

Time for spring cleaning.  When we weren't at baseball evals yesterday, we were working in Donnie's attic.  Looking great!  Of course I forgot to get a before picture:-(


SmugMug Link

No comments: