Saturday, October 6, 2012

Butterfly Mandala Take Two


SmugMug Daily Link

I Googled 'mandala templates' and found a bunch out there.  The one I used for today's daily seemed to have a reasonable amount of sections to fill in.  Some had a huge number and even though they were pretty, I steered clear of them.  I used 5 different butterfly photos (swallowtail, sulphur, monarch, and fritillary) to fill in the template.  Most of the sections have original color except the sulphur one which I tinted from yellow to orange.  I like how it turned out, but I'm not thrilled with it.  It doesn't wow me.

I started following around with various things in PSE.  I duplicated the butterfly wheel, rotated it 90 degrees to the right, and applied a difference filter to the rotated layer.  Boy did that produce some awesome colors! I think I tried an invert and a poster filter and a couple of other filters plus using color variations to create the same image in many colors.  I don't know what I thought I was going to do with those...

Which is your favorite color?  I really like the pink one below.  Donnie thought the blue one was best.  I think the sun points and the layer outside of them need more contrast between them in the fully colored ones something I didn't really see until this AM.


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

This is the template I used for the daily.

No comments: