Sunday, September 30, 2012

Horse and Buddy 3rd Annual Horse Show and Pig Pickin'


SmugMug Daily Link

Yesterday, Donnie, the boys, and I had the privilege of attending the 3rd Annual Horse Show and Pig Pickin' at Horse and Buddy. From their website, "Horse and Buddy enriches the lives of people with special needs in Wake County and surrounding areas through therapeutic horseback riding." We enjoyed watching the riders and horses demonstrate their skills. I had a great view on the rail in the middle of the arena, and of course I had to start taking pictures. It's just what I do... It sure was good to see our friend Janet and to meet her daughter and husband. We feasted on the pork and sides and even got to watch two horses get married (too cute!)

I went through the 400+ shots that I took keeping out the best of the bunch, and then I went through and built an 8X10 collage for each rider using 3-5 shots. The smiles on the kids' faces as they performed was incredibly heartwarming as were the smiles on the volunteers' faces too. Each participant got a ribbon at the end. They were so proud!

I picked my daily shot by the smile:-)

And here is the horse wedding ceremony.


SmugMug Link

All the other collage shots are here.

No comments: