Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bumpy Chairs


SmugMug Daily Link

I'm posting this family snapshot today because I need it to cheer me up.  Taken last night after dinner.  Donnie will be away helping his sister and brother in Florida for a couple of weeks, and the boys and I will miss him bunches.  I always tell him that I never get tired of having him around. And, I really appreciate all the things he does to make mine and the boys' lives better. I can hold down the fort while he's gone, but all those little and big things he does for us will be greatly missed.  There's nothing that can hold a candle to him.

The boys and Donnie have a nightly tradition of playing bumpy chairs.  What is that you ask?  Well, it started out with Johnny sitting on Donnie's knees getting bumped around for a few minutes and morphed into all out wrestling with both boys and now it's mixed in with hide and seek.  We set a timer for  15 minutes more or less depending on behavior, and the boys and Donnie have quite the fun time.  It can be loud, intense, bumpy, and well look at those smiling faces...joy.  I just try to stay out of the way;-)  It's 15 minutes of down time for mom.  Much appreciated by me and memories the boys will hold with them forever of fun times with Mr. Don.

OK, time to stop the crying and sentiment.  Sometimes, though, you just have to stop to let the people in your life know how much you care about them...


No comments: