Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!


SmugMug Daily Link

The town of Fuquay-Varina, NC always has their fireworks display on July 3rd.  I like it!  That way if you are so inclined you can get to a great fireworks display in the area on both the 3rd and the 4th:-)  Don't know that I'll get to more tonight as it's scheduled to be another volleyball day in the pool, but I like the option.  Donnie and I were able to park and set up chairs on the southwest side of the field where they were putting them up from.  We really lucked out getting there at 8:50PM and the display starting at 9PM prompt.  A big cloud came up a few minutes before 9 and lightning was filling the skies, so the town wasted no time starting the 15+ minute show.  Usually they might have waited until 9:15 for it to get a tad darker.  The first few shots I took had a blue background!  Just as the show ended big drops of rain started to fall.  Donnie and I got to the car quick and all was well.  I think the bulk of the rain stayed east giving the 1000s of people at the event time to get to their cars too although some had a much longer walk than we did!


SmugMug Link

The shot below moves on my screen.  How about yours?


SmugMug Link



SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

No comments: