Saturday, February 4, 2012

Love Makes The World Go Round


SmugMug Daily Link

I am enjoying making Valentine's Day cards and hope you are enjoying the series.  While Donnie was playing with the kids this morning, I designed and created this one using 3 layers (shots) on top of the heart gel cling original shot. All the images were taken this week although not at the same time or even on the same day.  One of the top layers is rust, and the other two top layers are just abstract bokeh color shots.  I find that these window gel cling shots need texture like rust to get rid of the glass water marks otherwise I  might not add so much texture.  After I got the image like I wanted it in 8X10 I created a blank white 4X6 (really 12X8) image and then resized my image onto it without maintaining the abstract ratio.  The abstract ratio just doesn't matter here.   4X6 is a better card size to print.  I try to produce all my cards in 8X10 and 4X6 just in case.

Anyway, here's a screen shot showing the layers:


SmugMug Link

On another subject, the boys received 2 awards each at an awards ceremony at their school yesterday.  I am very proud of them!


SmugMug Link

If you ever meet Johnny in person, and just ask Ms. Lavanya or Ms. Chika, he will give you a hug and start talking up a storm with you.  We call him the goodwill ambassador.  His award for Kindness is meant to convey that.

Working on very important Donnie birthday preparations today.  More on that tomorrow!  Someone just happens to have their birthday on the Superbowl this year:-)

1 comment:

Susan W said...

Congratulations on raising such fine boys. Sounds like you're going to have a very busy day tomorrow.