Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lovey the Lion


SmugMug Daily Link

This post is for Joey who loves lions as his Lovey and Blankie pictured in the shot below taken in September 2009.


SmugMug Link

The lion statue in my daily photo greets you when you come to my front door.  In real life, it's maybe 2 feet tall, but he has the pose of formidable foe.  Joey picked up the fallen red camellia blossom a couple of days ago and was very proud of himself when he gave Lovey a pretty flower for his (her) hair.  We won't tell him it's not that masculine, right?  I liked how the red popped in this SC version and decided to share despite the fact that it would be better if Lovey was a lioness:-)

Lovey was pulled out of the background and a texture was applied to just the background (Color Burn) from my Backgrounds and Textures gallery.    I used the Accent Edges filter and I think one other filter to bring out more detail in Lovey.  I darkened the shadows a bit more too.  I wanted the textures to really stand out.

Here's the original:


SmugMug Link

I took some daffodil shots yesterday too and will share one of them with you today also:


SmugMug Link

No comments: