Monday, December 5, 2011

Friends and Holiday Traditions


SmugMug Daily Link

Madi and her mom Christine were able to hook up with me and the boys yesterday to go to Wal-Mart to see Santa again and then to go to Crabtree Valley Mall.  The main destination there was Build-A-Bear; it's a holiday tradition at this point.  The kids each get a 'bear' and we also put a bear in the Toys for Tots bin.

My POTD is a collage of most of  the shots we took while visiting Santa at Wal-Mart.  When we arrived at the store, Santa was going on break.  That was unexpected.  However, let's just say that everyone at the local Wal-Mart knows me and the kids, and Santa was more than happy to put his suit back on and pose with J&J&M.  Santa had asked yesterday where Madi was, and it didn't seem right to be taking those pictures without her.  So, with a few winks and nods I distracted the kids while Santa got ready.  Besides the joy the kids bring to me, it's always great to see them bring a smile to others too.  Thanks for the pictures Santa and for cutting your lunch a bit short for us.  That felt like Christmas magic at work to me...

The next collage is made up from the pictures we took at Build-A-Bear.  Joey picked out Alvin the Chipmunk.  Johnny got Erik from Happy Feet.  Madi picked out a fennec fox.  We also bought a bear to put in the Toys for Tots bin.  I'd like for the kids to develop not only a joy in receiving gifts but also a joy in giving gifts to others.


SmugMug Link

I got this really nice picture of Teen with the kids at the Penny Road Happyland Christmas Lights show on the way home too.



SmugMug Link

It's one of those cases, though, where the cell phone did a better job than I know how to do with my real camera.  (Teen, the picture that has Johnny in it that was better didn't get uploaded to FB.)



SmugMug Link

A shot of a small ferris wheel.


SmugMug Link

Lastly, I don't get in two many pictures, and I usually don't like how I look when I do get in them, but here's a shot of Madi and I taken at her house yesterday.


SmugMug Link

No one is happy that it's Monday and time to go back to school.  But, we're in the home stretch now!

No comments: