Saturday, August 2, 2008

Full Day






You guys know I don't sit still well. Saturdays are usually full days, and I like it like that most of the time. Today, Christine and Madi wanted to get out, and we decided to go to The Northa Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh. Madi was there once before when she was just starting to walk:-)

We spent about two and a half hours there, and the kids really enjoyed it. I guess if we asked them, the Discovery Room (costumes) was probably their favorite part. Christine liked the butterflies the best (notice picture in album with the one landing on her and then another swirling around her head). We might have stayed longer, but the kids were HUNGRY and really loud about just how hungry they were (as we stood near the museum snack bar telling them we were waiting for a 'real' lunch).

We ended up at the Cary Towne Mall food court for lunch and then spent several hours shopping, along with everyone else, on tax free weekend. Christine and I took turns watching the kids while we did a little bit of clothes shopping for ourselves.

I thought it was a good people picture day. All the pics are here.

I admit that I had a good time today, but I have to mention that two of my best friends didn't have such great days. One friend was involved in a car accident that was serious enough to deploy airbags. Thankfully, she's fine. Another friend lost one of her beloved doggie friends today. What heartache. I hope tomorrow is a better day for everyone. I'm thinking of my friends that didn't have such an easy day today.

No comments: