Wednesday, October 17, 2012

We've Got the Whole World in Our Hands (or on Our Head)


SmugMug Daily Link


SmugMug Link

The kids and I went to the SECU Daily Planet yesterday or Nature Research Center.  The name of this museum confuses me a bit.  This was Madi's first time and our second time going and we really enjoyed ourselves as you can see from the collage.  I  just love that big globe.  Although I could have gone across the street to get more of it in, then there would have been many more cars in the way.  The shot is obviously not one of my best, but I thought it was the best of what I took yesterday.  I envision it stripped from the background with a star field behind it:-)

The kids enjoyed the 3 story globe movie and going into the specimen lab where they got to hold skins from many forest animals like deer and raccoon.

Below is a shot of the kids hanging out at my kitchen table on laptops (ThinkPads).  No, they are not saving the free world; they are playing Club Penguin.


SmugMug Link

I found this Slimy Salamander in my garage after the rainstorm Monday night.  I knew NC had salamanders but it is the first time I've seen one in the wild in my yard.  We set him free after I took his picture.


SmugMug Link

We're out the door to Sylvan Heights Waterfowl Park today.

No comments: