Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pink Warriors


SmugMug Daily Link

I am posting this image for the pink challenge in support of breast cancer awareness month.  We saw these pink warriors in Washington, DC.  I remember the guy in this shot saying he hoped he'd see the picture on Facebook.  Maybe he'll see my blog.

Here's a big thank you to everyone who supports this worthwhile cause whether it be the NFL wearing pink or the pink warriors running and walking to raise money to find a cure or those working to educate and bring awareness about the disease to save lives.  And, most especially, a big thank you to all the personal caregivers and supporters of the individuals facing this disease.  I know I have been truly blessed this past year with Donnie being there for me every step of the way.  Every test, every needle, every headache, every fever, every fear he was there giving me a smile and holding my hand.  It's just over a year since I was diagnosed and nearly a year since my first surgery.  We are so thankful that I am doing so well.  I encourage anyone getting a new diagnosis or still fighting the fight to stay strong and enjoy all life has to offer.  You can beat this!

I also created this image from a shot I took at Michael's craft store last year and a pink background I made last night.


SmugMug Daily

Here's me (middle) with  my new curly hair post chemo.  It was straight and long before.  You can see that I am doing well.  There is hope.


SmugMug Link

No comments: