Monday, June 25, 2012

Pipevine Swallowtail


SmugMug Daily Link

I took the butterfly pictures in today's daily photo inside the NC butterfly greenhouse off the side of the Magic Wings butterfly house at the Museum of Life and Science in Durham.  I believe this to be a Pipevine Swallowtail. I wasn't happy with the original sharpness or color of the shot, so I played around with it in ColorEfex Pro.

Here's a collage showing what I thought were the best butterfly shots of hte day.  I loved that green butterfly and smile on that little girl's face.  Had to share her even though I don't know who she is.  Johnny is in the blue shirt behind her hopefully waiting for his turn to hold a butterfly.


SmugMug Link

Sometimes you've got to stand out from the crowd!  Maybe I should turn the shot below into a card!


SmugMug Link

Ranger Greg says this is a gray catbird.  Pretty!


SmugMug Link 

We also saw a Greg Blue Heron in the wetlands!


SmugMug Link

No comments: