Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spring Blooms


SmugMug Daily Link

I'm sharing a shot today that I took on 3/17/11.  I'm pretty sure it's from the yoshino cherry tree in my front yard.  I think I never posted this shot last year because I so much wanted to wait out the arrival of the swallowtail butterflies on the blooms.  I never got that shot.  They missed each other last year.

I didn't feel well at all yesterday.  My face looked sunburn and hot but I was freezing.  No temp though.  I stopped to take about 15 forsythia (yellow bell) pictures, and I didn't like any of them.  I felt horrible just sitting in the car with the window down trying.  Rather than give you a bad shot, I figured I'd post a seasonally appropriate one that I thought you'd really enjoy.

I'm doing better today...really.  The redness has gone down and I'm not so hot/cold.  I wanted to go for a drive with Donnie yesterday and just wasn't up to it, but I think we'll take a picture drive today.  It's that much warmer and still quite sunny.  There are some barns and fields and things on a road nearby that I want to explore.

On a sad note, some of our Bradford Pears got burned on Monday night when it went down to 25 degrees. Bummer.  It's not as bad as I've seens some years, but some of my photo ops are gone.  The shot below is a Bradford Pear tree shot from 3/10/11 last year.


SmugMug Link

No comments: