Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Vibrant Red Even in Winter


SmugMug Daily Link

Yesterday I mentioned that I had a couple more Yates Mill shots that I wanted to share.  I really like how I was able to get the red berries behind the fluffy weed/grass in the shot I've posted as my daily today.  Here is a shot showing off the berries that were in abundance all over the park:


SmugMug Link

I don't know what they are, but the bushes were rather large.

The one other shot that caught my eye from our outing at Yates Mill was this neat reflection of the pond in the water beneath the wheel.  I wish the wisp of grass was not there, though.


SmugMug Link

The Lucky filter in Picasa did a nice job of adjusting the contrast and color of the original shot which was a tad subdued (in a fog).

Here's a picture of Donnie looking handsome and wearing one of the shirts I gave him for Christmas:



SmugMug Link

Although not born in AL, he spent a good part of his early life living there.  With everything else red in my post, I figured this shot fit right in!

1 comment:

Susan W said...

A very nice set of photo choices from the day. I especially like the reflection of the mill.