Saturday, December 3, 2011

Seen Better Times


SmugMug Daily Link

My girlfriend Aunt Debbie and I were at an estate sale on this property several years ago.  Always a bit sad to see someone's home being distributed after their death.  Although we yard saled a lot, we didn't often go to estate sales.  At any point, in my travels on Thursday, I noticed the tree down between the house and barn and stopped to take the shot I've posted as my picture of the day on this now decaying property.  Sortof OK SOOC, I thought the HDR effect gave it an oil painting type feel giving the tree some character.

I was leaving Billie a comment today while looking out my favorite window at Donnie's house when I saw this huge bird with a red head fly by.  Wow, it's a pileated woodpecker!  I made it outside and kindof close to the tree to get this shot through the branches.  If I'm lucky I see one of these guys a year.  And, if I'm really lucky, I come away with a shot where I can at least prove I saw one:-)  I guess I had some luck yesterday.



SmugMug Link

This is the view heading up Donnie's driveway to his mailbox late afternoon this time of year.  Can't beat this walking hand-in-hand... Very cool if Santa has delivered something in the mailbox too:-)


SmugMug Link

The boys had early release from school yesterday, and Donnie took us to Harris Lake Country Park near the Shearon Harris nuclear power plant.  At various points, the sun felt warm, and the guys were trying to catch some shuteye.


SmugMug Link

Aren't they good sports to create shots like this for me?

Actually, in the shot below Donnie is actually trying to entice the boys to come and play soccer because we all know that kids don't like us to rest.



SmugMug Link

After a good meal and some Wii bowling, the boys had their guy time.  The new thing tonight was Mummifying Joey and Johnny Donnie style!  They have a very big time wrestling.  I just stay out of the way and enjoy the laughter.  I'm not sure if Donnie worked harder yesterday running 3 miles or throwing the boys about last night.  Good thing I fed him a nice dinner.




SmugMug Link

One last shot from the day is my sweet boy Joey on the playground equipment.


SmugMug Link