Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Holiday Light Show (Store)



SmugMug Daily Link

The boys and I were in Cary for Joey's dentist appointment late afternoon yesterday, and we saw our first major Christmas light display on the way home.  This one is is at the corner of Ten Ten Road and Fanny Brown Road.  There's a sign up advertising The Holiday Light Store in the yard, and I'm guessing this is the owner's house!  For as long as I can remember, we've enjoyed this display each holiday season.  It stands out differently than other displays in the area because it's comprised mostly of metal frames to create shapes with lights attached vs. inflatables or plastic figures or other types of holiday lights.  The picture below shows another view of the house without the spiral light trees in front.


SmugMug Link

And this view shows the train that Johnny loves.


SmugMug Link

I spent some time with Donnie at his house yesterday, and I saw a field with about 30 turkey vultures in it on my drive over.  Of course I had to stop and take pics.  I took these with my Canon SX10 IS since my S3 is still malfunctioning, and I was not happy with the quality of the pics at all!  I have a back-up S3 that I need to dig out and try to shoot with today.


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

I saw this interesting scene on the way too but just could not take a shot of it that I thought truly worked despite liking all the elements in the shot.


SmugMug Link

I'll probably create quite a few more holiday card POTDs this year.  I am not sure I'll actually print any of them, but I try to produce them as 8X10 and 4X6 just in case.  It's an interesting thought process to consider what sizes finalized pp'ed shots should be.

No comments: