Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Yates Mill


SmugMug Daily Link

I mentioned that I wanted to share a Yates Mill shot as a daily and talk a bit more about my visit there with Donnie on Sunday.  This shot was taken on the observation deck across from the mill while a tour was going on.  The water wheel was running, and I could hear the soft tumble of the wheel as I took this shot.  I was fussing...well pleading...with the folks on the platform to move on and finally I just took a few bracketed images anyway.  A few minutes later, the wind picked up, and the perfect calm of this shot was gone for the rest of our visit.  When I ran the shot through Photomatix, I asked it to reduce movement of people and between them being reasonably still and the software, I don't see any ghosting...whew.  The original underexposed shot is almost this blue too, so although the color is a bit intense, that's just as much how it really was than the software.

A few other Yates Mill shots:



SmugMug Link



SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link



SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

The 'Fall Learning Activity' aka party in Joey's classroom yesterday was a lot of fun.  I got to be wrapped up like a mummy...5 times:-)


SmugMug Link

We had a lot of fun trick or treating last night despite the fact that we had a chilly rain.  For the first time that Teen and I can remember, we had to drive the kids around instead of walk.  Even so, we all had wet feet along with our buckets of candy.  The rain kindof slowed me down on picture taking although I did get a few shots to remember the evening by.


SmugMug Link

Yes, that's me on the right and I am dressed as who you think I might be:-)


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

The following shot just goes to show that sometimes the best shots are the unplanned at the end when you're least expecting them shots...


SmugMug Link

Until next year...it's a wrap:-)

No comments: