Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Old Homestead



SmugMug Daily Link

I took a few shots of the old homestead a few days ago.  I've take shots of it many times before.  I was just curious what it was looking like these days.  The light was so bad that I thought that the shots I took didn't have a chance of being worthwhile.  I took bracketed images just in case I wanted to pump them through Photomatix.   Below is the original devoid of color and life and detail. As you can see in the daily, Photomatix did a nice job of bringing out the best in the shot.


SmugMug Link

Another new view:


SmugMug Link

My favorite all time shot at this location:


SmugMug Link

Isn't it amazing how different light and different sky on different days will causes Photomatix to process the shot so differently!

To be clear, I stand where I stand to take these views because of a fence.

No comments: