Monday, November 7, 2011

Me and My Shadow, On the Road to...



SmugMug Daily Link

The kids and I went to the Museum of Life and Science in Durham yesterday to check out their new Carolina Wonderland Express holiday train exhibition.  As we all know, trains appeal to big and small kids of all ages, and this large scale holiday model layout did just that.  The kids were fascinated by the comings and goings of the trains and the adults marveled at the the craftsmanship of the layout which was constructed of natural materials.  Johnny was delighted to see Thomas the Tank Engine on one of the tracks, and Joey was very interested in the model of the State Capital Building.  And, one of the staff members volunteered to take our picture, and I really like it!


SmugMug Link

It might have been winterlike on the inside, but outside it was a gorgeous 60 degree Carolina Blue sky kindof a day.  Madi who is never camera shy gave me quite a few photo ops, but back at home I don't have a favorite that stands out to me with a wow this time:-(  I do like quite a few of the shots as fun snapshots, though including this series:


SmugMug Link

I also loved some of the shots with autumn color in the background:


SmugMug Link

Did I mention that we LOVE Max?!?



SmugMug Link



SmugMug Link

Everywhere I turned yesterday, the light and leaves were mixing together so beautifully.



SmugMug Link

And, in the butterfly house, we had one of our best visits yet with all 3 kids getting to hold butterflies 2 or more times. Staff person Ron talked to us for a while and was a joy with the kids as well.



SmugMug Link

My daily is a B&W version of a picture of Johnny walking on the path in Catch the Wind.

I finally got my pics added to this blogpost by pulling them out of my Picasa album.  The .jpg method just would not work.

No comments: