Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Field and the Forest



SmugMug Daily Link

As with so many of my photo ops, I go past a scene day after day for months or years studying it and then all of sudden one day I decide that 'today is the day!' and I pull over to try to get 'the' pic.  Such was the case today with the setting pictured in my daily photo.  I've studied that pine tree for quite some time and during all the seasons.  I've seen egrets along the edge of the pond.  I've seen sunsets overhead and misty fog behind.  But, today when I saw the autumn colors and pretty sun and it wasn't so cold or windy that I didn't want to get out of the car, I decided to park at the church parking lot nearby and walk over.  Also as is typical of many of my photo ops, I only had 10 minutes or so to invest in taking pictures.  I would like to have knocked on the property owner's front door and walked down closer to the pond, but I made due with a view pretty close to the road's edge.  It's higher there, and that allowed me to actually get the little, low on water, pond in the shot as well as the pine tree and forest.  At any point, I hope you enjoy the views from this location.  All the forest scenes were processed in Photomatix.


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

I'm off to my preop appointments today.  It's getting close...too close.

No comments: