Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mr. Lizard



SmugMug Daily Link

I went on a 20 minute walkabout in my yard yesterday and came away with the pictures in this post. None are particularly great yet I really like the light in some of them.

Of course the daily shot is of an anole lizard taken in my yard on the trunk of an American Holly tree. I liked the bokeh to the left of the tree.

I probably like best the rainbow burst of light shot which is cropped about 1/4 of the original frame and filtered for noise with Noiseware, but I wasn't sure if it had broader appeal to anyone but me.  I think water drops on the American Holly leaves generated the spectrum of light.


SmugMug Link

I continue to see many of these Crab-like Spiny Orb Weaver spiders in my yard.


SmugMug Link

They hydrangea bush by my front door continues to delight.  Madi's dad, Danny, gave me this bush several years ago, and it's thriving.  In the spring it's a beautiful blue then it fades to a pinkish purple and in the winter it still delights as a tan with fanlike texture to the petals.  A real joy to see every day.


SmugMug Link

Just a focus on the hydrangea and then UP.  I loved the light filtering through the trees.


SmugMug Link

No comments: