Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pumpkin Patch


SmugMug Daily Link

I think it's going to be tradition each fall to take a pumpkin patch photo. Several weeks ago, I realized that this field had pumpkins in it,  and I've been watching them develop ever since. Earlier this week, workers hauled about 30 pumpkins out of the field. I wanted to stop and get pics that day of the men and their teamwork to lift and move the heavy pumpkins, but it was extra cloudy and drizzling and I didn't stop because I didn't think I could get a quality shot. But, on the way home from school with the kids today , I decided that today was the day to try to get a shot. I took nearly every image as a bracketed series so I could use Photomatix on them. The shot I originally thought would 'the' one I ended up not liking as well as the one I posted as my daily.  I grew to really like the pine tree on the right of the daily photo shot and missed it not being in this image.
SmugMugLink  

The crop today is 16X10.  I just liked the wider view without shooting a wide shot.

I hope you don't mind the humor in my daily photo;-)  Without the humor.  I feel like it's one of those childrens' books where you have to spot the difference.

Here's a pano created from 3 images (well 9 total) that were tonemapped prior to pumping them through Microsoft ICE.


SmugMug Link

Do you have any pumpkin fields near you?  Will you be picking out the biggest, fattest, spookiest or best pie making pumpkin this year?  The kids and I will definitely be looking for just the right ones to carve.



SmugMug Link

Last year's shot:


SmugMug Link

They didn't plant pumpkins in this field this year so good thing I got this shot last year:-)


The humor in the daily shot was added using a brush set (.abr file installed in PSE7) that I downloaded for free off the internet.  Set #2 on this page.  The designer.

No comments: