Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Candlelight and Flowers


SmugMug Daily Link

I made a special dinner last night, and the table included a new vase and a new candle holder from the thrift store plus some flowers from the grocery store.  Dinner (bottom round roast, broccoli, mashed potatoes, yellow squash and onions plus a no bake cheesecake) was yummy, and the candlelight sure was pretty.  The new candle holder is a tall tube shape that you put water in with marbles/beads and flowers (submerged) if desired and float a candle on top.  So, after enjoying the pretty light at dinner, I got to taking pictures of it after dinner.  The flower I used in the tube was lantana that I cut from my mailbox flower bed, and some of the tiny flowers ended up breaking off and floating around the candle at the top.  At any point, 100 shots or so later, I stopped and went through the bunch to pick out a daily and a few back-up shots.  In the daily, those are 'mood' lights on top of my entertainment center providing some additional light in the background.


SmugMug Link

Poster Edges


SmugMug Link

Solarize


SmugMug Link

When they say soak the bottom of the pie plate in hot water for 30 seconds before trying to cut and serve, they mean it;-)



SmugMug Link

I only note .5 inches in the last 24 hours.  The rain from Lee is mostly staying west of Raleigh.


SmugMug Link

I am done with my week of being on call for work.  Woo hoo!!!!

No comments: