Friday, September 9, 2011

Beauty Is in the Eye of the Beholder...



SmugMug Daily Link

I think with this shot I found a way to include a dried up Queen Anne's Lace in a pretty format:-)  The geometry of those flowers lasts through their entire growing season I think.  In the background is of course a morning glory.

When I took this shot, I thought I was going to like this the best and want to post this for my daily, but I was disappointed back at the computer.  I had to crop it.  I wanted to get closer, but there was a ditch with briers between me and the flowers.


SmugMug Link

I do really like this morning glory shot:


SmugMug Link

As well as this one:


SmugMug Link

which was my 2nd choice as a daily today.

This yellow beauty was close by.  So many of the wildflowers blooming right now are yellow.  This is common evening primrose:



SmugMug Link

I was excited by the insect on this yellow flower( wingstem or yellow ironweed):


SmugMug Link

As I was taking the shots, I clearly heard this red-talled hawk flying my way and then overhead.  I reacted as quick as I could but not quick enough:-(  This is the 2nd shot.  In the first one his head is just into the frame.  He continued on over to the woods a short distance away, and I could hear him but not see him.


SmugMug Link

Oh, and there was one last shot I wanted to show...the location:


SmugMug Link

It's rare for anyone to bother me out there.  Sometimes folks on bikes go by and wave.  I'm probably going back this morning.  I really need my knee high boots!

I used this link to identify the wildflowers.

No comments: