Thursday, July 14, 2011

Big Dragonfly


This guy is particularly big for a dragonfly. He probably has a wingspan approaching 3". I didn't have time to try figure out what he is. Maybe later. This was taken near my garage side pond. There are quite a few dragonflies flying around over there each day now. I finally had to cut back my spirea shrub because it was hiding the pond and making the water dirty. He's on one of the pruned stalks. As you can see, the plant is pushing out new growth...whew.  I was a little worried that I might have damaged it by cutting it as far back as I needed to.

Joey loved having Blaze beside him while doing Legos yesterday.  He had out the huge bin I got at a yard sale a few years ago. 


I'm very proud of Johnny for building the small Lego kits by himself now.  Today was Luigi and Guido from Cars 2.


Johnny picked a flower for his mom to take a picture:-)  We'd gone outside to look in the ponds and just walk around for a few minutes, but the heat was so oppressive we came right back in.


The kids continue to enjoy soccer at Kick 'n Sticks too.  I love seeing them have 50 minutes to run and work up a good sweat.  I wish they could do that every day.

No comments: