Saturday, May 10, 2014

Iris Up Close


SmugMug Daily Link

About a year ago, I met a lady in the Wal-Mart garden center.  She saw me taking photos, and she invited me to her house/garden to take more pics.  Unfortunately, I didn't write down her address and I didn't remember all the details on how to get to her house.  On Friday, I decided to look or her again.  And, this time, I saw a sign at the entrance of a neighborhood near where I knew she was located saying, "Plants for Sale".  I took a chance, and I'm very glad that I did.  Her name is Marsada (I hope I got that right).  She's a retired woman who loves gardening and tries to share her plants with others while making a small amount of money.  She has a lovely front and backyard filled with interesting blooming plants, and on one side of her house a potting shed and the plants she has for sale.


SmugMug Link

She has a lovely selection of hosta.


SmugMug Link

And roses.


SmugMug Link

And allium.


SmugMug Link

And as you can see by my daily irises.  She'll have hydrangea blooming in June.  She welcomed me back, and I intend to go.

No comments: