Friday, April 11, 2014

Tulips of the JC Raulston Arboretum


SmugMug Daily Link

The kids and I went to the JC Raulston Arboretum near/on the NC State campus yesterday.  This is only my second trip there in 15 years, and the first time was with my friend Judy to their annual plant sale.  I really didn't get to enjoy the gardens the first time because they were swamped.  I'm not sure why it took me so long to go back.  The gardens are very nicely done and filled with lots of interest in the hardscape as well as the plants.  You know me, I was wanted to take tulip shots, and I did find some to take...way at the back of the gardens off the beaten path...about 15 in all but surrounded by many lovely daffodils for which I was able to create a lovely backdrop.  The boys enjoyed their visit as well as any kids their age enjoy visits to gardens:-)  This arboretum has a lot of shade and a lot of benches, so it worked out well.  I sweltered in the sun with my straw hat taking pics while they wrestled each other for prime seats under trees.  Yet I know they took away some things from their experience that can't be measured in the time of one trip.  A love of pants and nature.  The joy of spending time with mom.  An appreciation for art, beauty, and the smells of the garden.  Joey even said he enjoyed himself and that we should go back sometime:-)


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

1 comment:

StevenHWicker said...

Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Dockside Waterfront Grill