Monday, February 24, 2014

Industrail Circles


SmugMug Daily Link

I saw this very interesting tractor trailer and cargo yesterday in the local Fuquay-Varina Wal-Mart parking lot.  I went in and shopped and on the way out decided that I really should try to take some pictures.  My original thought was to capture the long straight line of repetitive circles and then strip out the background.  I was having trouble stripping the background, and I wasn't impressed with the comp.  Luckily, I had taken a few other close-ups and angles.  This view from the end and side seemed to have more character, and I set about cleaning out some tree branches, expanding the cloudy sky, and trying some IR pp with Nix Color Efex Pro.  Not my normal type of shot.  Donnie said it was quite industrial, but it's nice to try different things sometimes.

I do see the X in the center of some of the circles.  Maybe;-)

I thought I was getting over my cold yesterday for most of the day but last night it kicked back into overdrive, and today I am doing worse-(  Still, I've gotten the kids off to school and cheered myself up by taking a few pictures of the first spring flowers blooming in town.  Look for a flower shot tomorrow!


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

No comments: